Saturday, October 9, 2010

Shoe Crazy!

Shoe Crazy!
Go shoe-crazy this season at American Eagle: they
 have 25 different
pairs of winter-ready shoes!
I'm not the kind of girl who loves to go shoe-shopping, who'd rather buy a new pair of wedges than a new cardigan. I'm more into clothes and accessories than shoes--not that I don't like shoes or don't put much thought into them, I'm just not crazy about them. But with all the brand new cold-weather shoes available at American Eagle, I fell in love with a few pairs.
I'm typically not a ballet flat fan, simply because I'm too impatient to break them in so they give me blisters. But the AE Velvet Ballet Flat ($29.50) may have solved that problem once and for all: they're lined with sherpa, which should prevent blisters and keep my feet toasty even in the snow. Plus, they look luxe but aren't actually expensive. They're definitely on my buy list.
I love moccasins. I know I've said it before, but they're just great comfortable casual shoes that add a boho/Navajo vibe to any outfit. I still like the AE Grosgrain Ribbon Moc ($29.95) in dark tan but now American Eagle has two new mocs that I like even more. The AE Suede Fringe Moc ($34.50) definitely has a 'native' look--I love 'em in anthracite. I also really like the AE Suede Moc ($34.50) in rich chocolate. The best part about both pairs is they have the sherpa lining which is perfect for Colorado winters.
Last year, I bought the AE Cable Knit Clog ($34.50) in grey. It was my first experience with a clog and I can't wait to wear them again. This year, they have them again in case you missed them the first time around, in grey, charcoal heather grey and taupe (the dark brown is no longer available this year, sadly). This year, I really like their brand new AE Striped Cable Knit Clog ($34.50). The stripe pattern adds to their cuteness and again, the sherpa lining is great.
I can't forget about the boots! American Eagle currently offers 6 styles of winter boots, so you should be able to find at least one pair that suits you. I personally love the AE Warm & Fuzzy Boot ($39.50) in grey--they look like Uggs but are much cheaper--and the AE Button Warm & Fuzzy Boot ($39.50) in chestnut--a cute take on the basic winter boot.
No matter how cold it gets, you can still make a statement with your footwear!

No comments:

Post a Comment