Sunday, October 31, 2010

Petite Pick of November

Sweater, cami and skirt
Happy Halloween, everyone! While I'm not doing anything particularly fun this Halloween evening (unless you count studying for an exam, which I don't), my weekend has certainly been jam-packed. I got to come home this weekend because my little sister was getting confirmed at our church, so Saturday evening and Sunday morning were booked. Friday evening was nice because my mom, sister and I got to check out a new restaurant (new for us) called Mad Greens--it's like a gourmet salad place, and it's really good. After the 2 1/2 hour drive home, we carved pumpkins! Last night, I also got to watch some classic Disney Halloween videos with my parents and today for lunch/dinner we went to P.F. Chang's to celebrate my sister's Confirmation. So it was a good weekend.
But anyways, the point of this post is to showcase one of the outfits I wore this weekend, one that I think is great for petites. It was what I wore on Saturday to the Confirmation banquet.
I love short-sleeved, easy-fitting sweaters. I own four from Hollister, and they're perfect for a petite frame. They show off your small arms and drape loosely, but not too loosely, creating curves while highlighting your body. This one was a navy blue one I bought from Hollister a few months ago, with a deep V-neck and cute pink and navy side ties. Underneath is a basic white lacy cami from Aeropostale. On bottom is a burgundy and navy floral skirt from Hollister. The great part about it is it's thinly knit but not see-through and the dark pattern looks great for all seasons. The skirt is also the perfect length for petites. I paired it with a pair of cream-colored pointelle tights from American Eagle--tights are great for when you want to wear a cute mini but it's a little too chilly outside--and a pair of tan boots. For jewelry, I stuck with a simple sparkly necklace, a set of silver and white bangles and a silver sparkly ring, all from AE. I wore my hair in relaxed curls (I had curled my hair the previous morning, slept on it overnight and just brushed them out a little the next day) and had neutral makeup.
The best part is, I actually took a picture of my outfit for the first time in a while so you can actually see somewhat how the outfit looks. I think it's great for any petites who want a simple but nice outfit for special events during the chillier months.
Hopefully I will get back in the habit of taking pictures of my outfit and including them in my posts--after all, a picture's worth a thousand words.
Have a great Halloween, and get ready for November! 

My boots (sorry about the clutter!)
Skirt and tights








No comments:

Post a Comment