Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dress Your Body!

With body con dresses (think bandage dresses) increasing in popularity, it's a great time to get in on the trend...especially if you're petite.
Body con dresses are basically body-hugging dresses. They are usually made of cotton or modal and include some kind of spandex so they are form-fitting. Many celebrities can be seen working the red carpet in different varieties of body con dresses.
It may seem intimidating to try a body con dress (I know it was for me!) I'm not a curvy girl at all, but I prefer my clothes slightly flowy to show off my small frame. However, when I got my first body con dress yesterday (Gilly Hicks' Pretty Beach dress in navy dot, no longer available), I realized that tighter styles actually work well on petite bodies. They show off a small bust, and hug what little curves you may have to make you look more feminine. Instead of A-line dresses, body con dresses don't hide your tiny frame; they showcase it. And the style even works on curvier petites--just try a body con dress with a body shaper underneath to streamline but not hide your curves.

Some great body con dresses to try include Gilly Hicks' Pretty Beach dress in navy or pink floral ($19.90). The print is sweet and girly and it has plenty of stretch in it. Abercrombie & Fitch's Hailey strapless dress ($24.89) comes in tons of bright shades and the pockets help fill you out even more. Hollister's County Line dress ($29.50) is cut in a simple tank style, but the floral design looks cute.
This fall, try a body con dress--I guarantee you'll love it!

My body con dress!









                                                                                              

2 comments:

  1. that is such a cute dress...i am in complete love with hollister dresses <3
    http://coolness-personified-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too I have several :P and thanks for the link to your blog--can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete