Friday, September 17, 2010

Summer into Fall

For me, this is one of the saddest times of the year--when summer becomes fall. I love fall and everything, but there's just something so magical about summer. I love the long, warm days with nothing to do, family vacations, grilling in the backyard, the 4th of July, my birthday...it's such a great season. And I love all the bright summery fashion, as well, so it's sad to say goodbye to all that for a year. One thing keeping me from dreading fall is all the great new autumn clothes my favorite stores have to offer. Check out my picks

Sweaters: I like the versatility of a simple cardigan. My favorite way to wear them is over a tank top and with a full floral mini. The AE Cardigan ($34.95) from American Eagle is on such simple cardigan that I could see myself wearing with anything. I like it in Raspberry Bubble and Aubergine. I also love Hollister's Wipeout Beach pullover sweater ($59.50). It's Epic Only, so I'd have to order it online, but I love the red version's cute seagull-and-heart graphic. I'm not usually one for stripes, but I like A&F's Vanessa button-down in pink stripe ($48). I'm in love with all things pink, and the stripes add a nautical touch.


Bottoms: This includes jeans, pants and even skirts. First up, I love the ASummer into FallE Military Skirt ($34.50). The military trend is so in right now and I've yet to own anything this style, so this would be a good starter piece. I'm not usually one to wear sweatpants, but I really like the styles they have this season at Hollister, especially the Awesome Butt Boot in dark grey or pink ($39.50). It looks great with a thin long-sleeve graphic tee or even a bright basic tank. And call me crazy, but I'm actually considering buying jeans from Abercrombie Kids! I've recently had problems finding jeans that aren't too long for me and since I'm practically child-sized, they might actually work for me. I like the Mackenzie flare in rinse ($39.50) or the Haley boot in destroyed dark wash ($59.50). Another plus with kid's jeans, even from Abercrombie, is that they're much cheaper!


Shoes: Last weekend, when I tried on the Grosgrain Ribbon Moc ($29.95) at American Eagle, I fell in love. I unfortunately didn't buy it because they didn't have the half-sizes in the store and I needed to go down to a size 5 1/2 for them to fit snugly. But I love the dark tan color, it's so pretty. I know flip-flop season is almost over, but I like to push it as much as possible. I like Hollister's Epic Flip Flops in red ($24.50). Another Epic Only item I may never buy, but it doesn't hurt to dream! I also still love the full-priced real leather sandals at A&F, especially the one with the metallic ribbon ($58). They're cute and don't scream summer, either.
So there you have it, just a few of my favorite pieces for the upcoming season. What are your fall must-haves?


P.S. I've discovered the magic of Polyvore to actually show the clothes I'm talking about. Genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment