Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fall Is The Season For Fashion: Part II

In my last post, I talked about the pieces that I'm lusting over at American Eagle and Hollister. Now it's time to divulge my faves at Abercrombie & Fitch and Gilly Hicks.


Abercrombie & Fitch--Sweatshirts are always an essential, but can often look boring. Not this one: the Rebecca hoodless sweatshirt ($39.89). I originally wanted it in the pink, but now I have a similar pink hoodie, so I prefer it in red now. It's slouchy without being sloppy and the slight fading adds to the appeal. I'm really getting into the nautical vibe, so I love the Charissa skirt ($29.89) in blue stripe. It would be perfect for a picnic on the dock, or just walking to class and I adore the eyelet lace hem. Plaid is great for fall, and of course, back-to-school means having to carry a bunch of books and other supplies around. With the Vintage Tote ($48) in red plaid, both of those goals are met. Plus it looks ruggedly-cute, which is awesome. And finally, I really like the Christa skinny cargos ($70) in khaki. While the price is a little over my budget, I really admire the military-inspired style.


Gilly Hicks--I never thought I'd say this, but I've fallen in love with a pair of socks. Seriously! The Vintage Knit Socks ($12.50) in heather grey dot look so soft and I like their childish appeal. Another must-have is the Surry Hills sleep shorts ($15.50). I like 'em best in light red (plaid pattern, since I'm a sucker for plaid) but the burgundy ones are cute, too, with their Cedric (GH's koala bear mascot) print. They would be great for warm fall nights. Now, I'm normally not a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl, but I can't help loving the Phillip Bay tee ($19.50). The koala graphic on all the colors is super-cute and I like how it looks like it was painted on. It's hard to pick a favorite, but I'm gonna go with the white/blue color (the koala drinking a cocktail is too adorable). And, I also like the Scotland Island skirt ($39.50), either in dark navy or dark pink. The dark navy version is suspiciously like a dress I own from there (maybe that's why I like it so much) and the dark pink is plaid and a great color combination.


What are you drooling over this fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment