Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shopping Adventures!

This weekend, I got to spend some time away from my dorm and I came home. I was glad I got to spend some time with my family, and today my mom, sister and I went to the mall for a mini shopping spree.
I was way overdue for some jeans (before today, I only had 2 pairs!) and my trip to another mall on Friday wasn't so successful. I was shocked to find that most jean styles, even flares and boot cuts, are cut more like jeggings, so they're super-tight. But luckily, I went out on a limb, tried on some Levi's from Dillard's and I love 'em. They're a skinny jean style, which I never really liked before but these are great.
Next we went to American Eagle, where I found another pair of skinnies that I liked, but I didn't really want to spend a lot of my money on them, so I passed and instead got the AE Boy Fit Crop Jean in dark vintage indigo ($19.95). I also had to take advantage of their buy one get one 50% off jewelry, and I got my first set of bangles and a blingy leather bracelet.
Finally, we hit up Hollister, my favorite store. I had been looking at the Point Dume plaid tunic shirt ($39.50) in turquoise and luckily, I was able to find it at the store. I also bought the Point Loma sweatshirt ($29.89) in orange, and I really think it's a great piece to brighten up any wardrobe.
However, during the checkout process, I hit a little snag. My debit card was declined, because I was a few dollars short, but my mom ended up having to pay for the entire purchase because the cashiers didn't know why it was declined! So that was a problem, plus I couldn't get a gray cami that I needed, but all in all, it was a good day (going to Starbucks afterward didn't hurt either :D).
What's your favorite memory of a shopping trip?

1 comment:

  1. A favorite memory of a shopping spree for me was a few months ago back-to-school shopping. We were in Denver ALL DAY, and I remember literally spending over $100 at Hollister. That was my largest receipt in my wallet for the longest time!

    ReplyDelete