Monday, September 20, 2010

Prep at Heart

Prep at Heart
A few of my favorite prep essentials
Hmmm...how to define my style? That's a really hard question for most fashionistas--it's difficult to narrow it down to just one word or phrase. I guess if I had to, I'd say I'm girly preppy. With a touch of boho mixed in. But lately, I've been really inspired by the preppy side of my style, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things.
Argyle is the classic preppy pattern. I've never owned anything argyle, or ever had a real desire to, until now. When I saw the Enmore sweater ($49.50) on the Gilly Hicks website, I fell in love. Even though it's basic navy (nothing wrong with that), it has a touch of hot pink, which I really like. I would even be willing to pay the S&H (there's no Gilly store anywhere in Colorado) because I know it would go with eveything.
Plaid, of course, is one of my favorite patterns. I own quite a few plaid shirts and skirts from Hollister but now I'm really getting into the buffalo check. The Bolsa Chica button-down ($29.50) is a bright, cheery red and would look great over a pair of dark-wash skinnies.
I also have also been interested lately in pinstripes. So I really love Hollister's Santa Margarita dress ($14.95) in pink stripe. The sweetheart neckline is cute and I just like how the color reminds me of sipping pink lemonade at a fair.
Have you noticed how socks are lately becoming more a part of an outfit rather than something you wear under shoes? I love it...and I love GH's menagerie of socks, all costing a mere $12.50. My favorites are heather grey dot, turquoise rugby and pink with a little blue bow at the top. These long socks are perfect for layering under boots or just lounging around the house in and I can't wait to get a pair of my own to play around with.
How do you do prep?

No comments:

Post a Comment