Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Stripes are a Girl's Best Friend

I used to hate stripes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type to dis all patterns--I love a good floral, polka dot or abstract. Stripes just never used to appeal to me, I guess, because they seemed too "sporty" for this girly-girl. Well, not anymore! I love some of the striped offerings at my favorite stores and wanted to share my finds with you.
I love the AE Rugby Stripe Poncho ($44.50)--period. It comes in three great shades (my favorite is raspberry heather) and has a collegiate appeal. I would wear it over dark wash skinny jeans (AE Skinny Jean in bright indigo, $39.95) with silver ballet flats (AE Ballet Flat in light pewter, $29.50) and maybe the AE Bomber Jacket in grey ($69.50) over it.
I also love Hollister's Santa Margarita dress in pink stripe ($20.93). The color is perfect for me, since it sweetens the basic stripes. It would look amazing under the Mission Beach denim jacket ($59.50--I love the sparkly floral brooch!), and paired with a simple leather belt (woven Vintage Beach Belt, $29.50) and embellished flip-flops (Vintage Flip Flops in pink, $12.89--the bow detailing is so adorable).
At Abercrombie, I really like the Victoria sweater ($58). I like its simple design, thin cherry-red stripes and rosette applique. I would totally layer it over the Kendall tank in red ($17.89) and wear it with destructed light-wash crop jeans (Jody Crop Destroyed, $48).
Remember: stripes aren't just for referees or little kids anymore--you can make stripes work with your style!
                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment