Friday, August 12, 2011

Dog Days of Summer [Shopping]

Little did I know after my last haul just two weeks ago that I'd have another one so soon. As much as I love clothes and I adore shopping, I'm not a compulsive shopper. Most of the times I'm at the mall, I'm window shopping. Haul shopping is not in my budget...usually. But because I was graciously gifted with some birthday money, I thought a little more shopping was in order. Another haul? Why not!

HOLLISTER




Bay Shore lace knit layer in dark grey (HCo., $34.50); Tecolote Canyon twill shorts in navy (HCo., $15)
I've been eyeing this lace tee since July, and I was determined to buy it. On my last haul, I didn't see it, but luckily the store had plenty of these. I had no lace in my closet prior to this purchase and I'm so glad I bought it because it will add a girly element to just about everything, including my boy fit crop jeans. It is definitely see-through, though, so if you buy it, make sure to wear a black bra or a colorful cami underneath. It comes in grey, white and navy.


Beach Street striped tee in blue stripe (HCo., $20); Tecolote Canyon twill shorts in navy (HCo., $15)
I wasn't planning on buying this, but when I saw it near the back of the store in this pretty royal blue color, I couldn't resist. It was also fairly cheap, at just $20. It fits right at my hips, so it'll be perfect to wear with shorts and minis. It comes in navy stripe, dark grey stripe (I may have to snap this one up, too) and solid colors (navy, blue, heather grey and dark grey). I'm starting to really like stripes, especially thin stripes.



Malibu plain button-down in blue plaid (HCo.,$49.50); Tecolote Canyon twill shorts in navy (HCo., $15)
 Apparently, I'm really into royal blue! It's honestly not an overload, though, because I don't think I owned anything in this shade prior to yesterday! This shirt was actually half price at the store, so it was a real steal. It's a pretty thick knit, so it'll probably work better in fall than right now, but it also looks great with twill shorts. It comes in 9 other shades, so you can get your plaid fix easily!

ABERCROMBIE KIDS


Sheer floral cami in navy (A&F Kids); dark denim cuffed shorts (A&F Kids)
 I found this in the clearance section for only $19! It's very cute and definitely my style. The XL fits well and it'll look perfect with shorts now and skinny jeans and a cardi in fall and winter. I love the kids store because I can usually find something that fits me for a lot less than a similar item at A&F.

FOREVER 21


Gold and pearl Love two finger ring (Forever 21, $4.80); mixed bracelets (Aero and AE)
 Yesterday was my first foray into Forever 21 (yes, I know, I'm so behind!) and I've gotta say, I was pretty impressed. I liked a lot of their pink, lacy tops but I just ended up buying this two finger ring. I think it's pretty adorable, even though I don't usually wear gold jewelry. But I think mixing metals is okay, so this should work fine!

What did you buy in your latest haul?




No comments:

Post a Comment