Thursday, August 4, 2011

In My Closet: Addicted to Floral?


Abercrombie & Fitch multi-colored floral tank (spring 2010, similar here), American Eagle shell necklace, mixed bracelets, A&F Rylie navy culotte shorts (summer 2011, $19.90 here)
I think I've started to OD a little bit on the florals. Sure, I love 'em--they're pretty, girly and completely unique from piece to piece--but still. Out of all the patterns currently in my closet (stripes, polka dots, plaid), florals are the most abundant. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems like I'm just drawn to florals and end up buying them more than other patterns. Now that I've realized I have a "problem", I'm staying away from the florals in favor of stripes (both vertical and horizontal) and solids. I don't have a lot of solid pieces in my closet, but I know that they make up the basis of a great outfit. I'd love to buy some really flashy jewelry (such as a jewel-embellished owl necklace at American Eagle) but since most of my clothes are patterned, they would take away from the "wow factor" of the necklace. During my most recent shopping trip, I think I did a great job of staying away from florals and prints in general. Everything I bought is neutral enough to be able to wear with almost anything, and that's definitely something I've been needing for awhile!

(More examples of my extreme floral love below)



Hollister blue/white floral tank dress (spring 2011, similar here)


Hollister lime green babydoll tank (spring 2010), VS PINK coral bandeau bra (summer 2011), Gilly Hicks light blue floral skirt (summer 2010, similar here), American Eagle pink polka dot headband  

Hollister light green floral dress (spring 2011, similar here), American Eagle pink crystal necklace, mixed bracelets 

Abercrombie & Fitch yellow belted floral dress (summer 2011, similar here), American Eagle pink suede and leather T-strap sandals (spring 2011)

Are you obsessed with a certain pattern?




No comments:

Post a Comment