Besides some time for R&R, here are a few gift ideas for the college student in your life.
- Gift cards: You can't go wrong with a gift card (or money). Make sure you ask them beforehand where they like to shop so you'll know they'll actually use the card. Oh, and a gift card to a restaurants is always great, too--college students usually live pretty cheaply and a night out is always appreciated.
- Practical (but cute) shoes: College campuses are usually pretty big and most people have to trek across it to get to classes, the library, etc. Invest in a nice pair of boots (preferably waterproof, or sprayed with waterproofer) that are stylish, too, such as Bearpaws. They look similar to Uggs, but are a fraction of the price and hold up just as well!
- Underwear (and other essentials): Who doesn't procrastinate on laundry every once in a while? It's nice to have plenty of stuff to go around so you're not a slave to the washing machine every weekend. Gilly Hicks has a great selection, with all kinds of colors and styles so you can't go wrong.
- A day at the spa: Back to the relaxation thing. Any stressed-out student could definitely use a massage or a mani/pedi to brighten up their day. Look for a day spa that's gotten good reviews but isn't too pricey.
- Winter accessories: So not every student lives where it's snowy and cold, but if you know someone who does, chances are they could use a scarf, hat and gloves. Buy them a cute set that'll go with anything (or match it specifically to a certain coat, if you know what they have) and keep them warm on the way to class.