Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fall Is The Season For Fashion

When it comes to fashion, my favorite season would have to be summer. I just adore all the cute sundresses, fun wedges, colorful handbags and interesting swimwear. However, fall comes in as a very close second.
Right now, I'm really looking forward to fall, because I have a bunch of clothes I bought in the last month or so that I've been dying to wear, but can't since it's like 90 degrees every day. Once September and October hit, then I can finally show off all my new pieces.
Here are a few items I don't currently own but am seriously drooling over:


American Eagle--I have a new obsession with moccasins. I'm inspired by native-looking clothing right now, because it's like the cold-weather version of boho (one of my favorite styles). I really love AE's Grosgrain Ribbon Moc ($29.95) in dark tan. It has that quintessential moccasin look, which I love, plus the ribbon adds an unexpected touch of girliness. I also love the AE Checked Square Scarf ($19.50) in purple (even though it's actually red!). I love my summer scarves, and this one has that look without being too lightweight, or bulky like knit winter scarves. The AE Rugby Stripe Poncho ($44.50) in raspberry heather is another must-have because of its casual, college-girl look (unfortunately, in only comes in sizes S-L so I'm not sure the small will fit, since I'm generally an XS). But the piece I love the most is the AE White Rubber Watch ($24.50). I'm not quite sure why it appeals to me so much, maybe just because it looks so modern and fresh.


Hollister--I MUST have the El Morro sweater ($39.50) in either pink or burgundy. It's a great fall staple for any closet, and would look great layered over a patterned tank or under a bomber-style jacket. I know it's almost fall, but I can't take my eyes off the Santa Margarita strapless dress ($39.50). I love any of the floral patterns, especially the blue floral, and I could totally pair it with my cropped denim jacket or my pink 3/4-sleeve cardigan. Flip-flops are a must for me (unless it's snowing), and I just love the adorable Vintage Embellished Flip Flops with jewels ($39.50). The jewels make them look more expensive than they actually are. Finally, I love love love the La Jolla jacket ($99.50). Granted, it's not genuine leather but it really looks like the real thing, and I like the detailing.


That's all for now, but check back soon for a post about my favorite things at Abercrombie and Gilly Hicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment