I'm so ready for spring, aren't you? Here in FoCo (Fort Collins, Colorado) it's been feeling spring-like for the past few days and I've had the chance to break out some of my warmer-weather wear. But I really can't wait to start wearing the pastels, the bright florals and the miniskirts without tights again.
Peopl StyleWatch recently came out with their list of 10 spring must-haves for this year--and I gotta say that I'm really feeling their choices. Get ready for vibrant hues, cool textures and all kinds of accessories!
- BRIGHT COLORS: Pink, orange, green and blue are all in for spring 2011! Don't be afraid to stand out from the crowd and wear these neon shades. Stick with simple shapes, though, so you don't look too wild.
- THICK HEELS: Skip the stilettos this season! These are much easier to walk in, anyways.
- COLORFUL STRIPES: Bold color is all the rage (see #1) so why stop at solids? Let stripes get in on the action, too. Horizontal, vertical, diagonal--all great!
- ENVELOPE BAGS: Ditch the oversize handbags--spring is all about streamlining. These bags let you look cute without weighing you down.
- SLEEVELESS JACKETS: Wear it casual or elegant, with a tank, jeans or dress! It's so versatile and fun.
- SEXY SNAKESKIN: It doesn't have to be real to be chic! Stick with classics, like handbags, or branch out and try it on a dress or top.
- MODERN WHITES: Not just for weddings anymore! And anything but blah!
- PEASANT BLOUSES: Anything 70s-inspired is a go. Look for a breezy top, patterned or solid, but nothing too baggy.
- BRIGHT GOLD: Everything's brighter this year, jewelry included. Chains are the big trend this year.
- FLIRTY FLORAL: What's spring without the flowers? Take them up a notch by incorporating bright colors and vintage touches.