Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Surprises

Thanksgiving Surprises
Sorry I haven't posted in a while--I was enjoying spending time with my family over the nine days I had off for Thanksgiving break. Now that I'm back alone in my dorm and school resumes tomorrow for the last three weeks of my first semester of college (!), I thought I'd get back to blogging.
I actually got quite a few wearable gifts over the break, which was a nice surprise. The Friday my mom and sister picked me up, we went to the Park Meadows mall on the way home. I bought the Seascape cardigan from Hollister in dark pink ($39.50). It's a simple style, but I love sweater and it's such a bright color. The little jewel in the center of each button and the ruffle detailing on the pockets are cute touches, too.
A few days later, my mom went shopping on her own (for my sister's upcoming birthday and Christmas, of course) and brought me back two things: the AE Striped Trapper Hat (multi, $29.50) and a pair of light grey sweater tights from Target. I've been needing grey tights for quite a while, not to mention another winter hat to match all my coats, so I was really thankful!
Since we're moving to a new house in a couple of weeks, we've been boxing up everything and selling or tossing everything we don't need anymore. My sister was getting rid of a navy blue puffer jacket she'd gotten from Aeropostale a few years ago, so I snapped it up. You can always use another jacket, right?
On Black Friday, I didn't do any shopping per se, besides going with my dad on a few errands including a Whole Foods stop. It's definitely my favorite grocery store, so I didn't mind going to other stores, as long as I could pick out a few WF treats and grab a free sample or two. My dad also took me to Starbucks, which was great, too.
Yesterday I spent most of the day out with my mom. We stopped by our new house to take some measurements, then went to Lowe's and Sears to check out the fridges. My mom had a hair appointment, but we had some time left over, so we grabbed some delicious gelato. Then I read through Vogue at the salon while she got her hair done and afterwards we stopped at Kohl's. I needed some gloves to go with my new hat, so I got a pair of cream-colored knit mittens that were super-warm. My mom also bought me a pair of grey bootie slippers, since my old slippers had fallen apart. After our day out, we drove home and then back out again to have dinner with the whole family at Pei Wei. Back at home, I surprised my sister with an early birthday gift: a Hollister holiday t-shirt. My mom got me one too (Promenade Park in green, $15.50). It was a great day!
Even though I'm back at school now, with Christmas break a little less than 3 weeks away, I'm hoping the weeks will fly by and I'll get to see my family and my new house (and actually spend a month there!). In the meantime, I'll enjoy my little presents and play all my Christmas music. Happy holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment