Friday, January 7, 2011

Window Shopping & Online Ordering

Today, it was just me and my mom since my dad was at work and my sister started school again yesterday. My mom always has Fridays off so we had a little girl-to-girl time this afternoon. We grabbed salads for lunch at Elephant Bar and then headed to the mall.
I was trying to find a sweater at Hollister. Most of the store was 40-50% off, so I hoped I could find it at the store so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping. It was an Epic Only style, but occasionally the store stocks some overflow items. Unfortunately, they didn't have that sweater but I found several other cute things I debated about buying but ended up leaving empty-handed. One of them was the Big Dume button-down shirt ($19.75) in navy plaid. I liked it because I don't have much plaid in my wardrobe and it has sparkly thread. I also checked out the jeans and liked the Cali Flares ($23.70) in rinse. I decided I would rather get another pair of slouchy jeans from American Eagle so I could use up the rest of my gift card. The Fallbrook twill pants ($19.75) in stone were also cute--a few posts back I explained that I bought them and then decided to return them--but I'm still not completely sold on them. If I had had more money, I probably would have bought them. The spring collection had a lot of great pieces, but since none of them were on clearance, I left the store without buying anything.
When I got home, I ordered the Dixon Lake sweater ($29.90) in burgundy online. I got such a good deal on it, since it originally cost $79.50! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it and knew I had to have it, but when Christmas came and went, I thought it would be gone for sure. With standard shipping, it only ended up costing me about $40, which is still a fraction of the original price. I haven't ordered anything online in quite a while, mostly because I hate paying for shipping, but in the future, if I like an Epic Only item, I'll just spend a few extra bucks and order it since it'll be worth it.
I can't wait to get my sweater when it comes--I'm just hoping it comes before I have to leave for school in a little over a week.
Do you order things online? Do you mind paying for shipping? What's the best part of ordering online?


Window Shopping & Online Ordering

No comments:

Post a Comment