Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Freshman Year...Take Two!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I just started my second semester of my freshman year of college yesterday and I'm already swamped with work! I guess second semester really is a lot harder than first. Hopefully, I'll still be able to keep up with blogging :)
Back-to-school for me means...new clothes! I got and bought plenty of new stuff over Christmas break and I'm using these first two weeks back to show them off. Most of the clothes are appropriate for winter, which is definitely great, since it snowed here today! I am already ready for spring...but the colder weather inspired me to do a post about making a good first impression during second semester. Most people have all new classes, and it's a great opportunity to start anew, make new friends and possibly redefine your style. This last one can be hard to do if you're used to comfort, especially in these wintery months.
I am still vowing not to wear sweats to class...no matter how cold it is or how tired I am. I'm waking up two hours before I have to go to class so I have time to put on a nice outfit, fix my hair and apply makeup. I've decided to plan my outfits a week in advance, so I don't spend an hour staring at my closet, wondering what to wear.
This is an outfit I would definitely wear to classes--it's comfortable and warm without looking like I just threw it on. I like how all the colors play off each other (the jacket even matches the blue flowers on the cardigan!), the fringe booties add a touch of boho and the pearl bracelet makes the outfit refined and girly.

Freshman Year...Take Two!

What does the new year/second semester mean for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment