Monday, January 3, 2011

A Few Fashion Confessions

On some of the blogs I follow, I've come across lists of confessions, whether life-related or more focused on a specific topic. They've inspired me to come up with my own list of fashion confessions.
  • I don't do casual. 'Casual' for me still involves some planning and accessorizing. I put on makeup every day even if I'm not leaving the house. I just feel better about myself if I put in some effort, even if no one else notices. I never wear sweats except to bed. Even in my most 'casual' outfit (a Hollister hoodie that isn't at all baggy and a nice pair of dark wash jeans), I still wear jewelry, fix my hair and put on a pair of cute shoes.
  • I am obsessed with planning. I always plan my outfits a week in advance by checking out the weather forecast and I get a little upset if I have to change my plans. This way, I don't have to stress out in the morning deciding what to wear.
  • The only thing I own over $100 are purses. And I got them for my birthday or Christmas, so I didn't have to pay for them. Everything else, I try to buy on clearance at my favorite stores or at least spend under $50 if they are full-price.
  • I pretty much only buy clothes from five stores. Abercrombie & Fitch, Abercrombie Kids, American Eagle, Gilly Hicks (online only) and Hollister. I like to think that I'm a loyal customer. And before you accuse me of blending in with the crowd, I rarely buy graphic hoodies or tees that everyone else wears. I get the sweaters, the babydoll tanks, the plaid shirts, the flip-flops that few others I see buy.
  • I like matching. A lot. Probably too much, so I'm trying new color combinations to see how they play off each other. Matching can be a good thing, but I don't want to get caught in a rut.
  • I love high-heels, but can't wear them very long. Even though I'm only 5'1, I usually end up wearing flats because they're way more comfortable than heels, especially when trekking across campus. I have three pairs of wedges that I only wear during the summer, but I hope to get more. I also hope I can learn to walk in them better, and not get blisters on my pinky toe.
  • I am 'addicted' to shopping. Okay, so I'm not like a compulsive shopper, but I really love any shopping trip. It gives me such a high. But since I only have a debit card, I'm forced to stay within the limits of the money I actually have. Which is a good thing.
What are your 'fashion confessions'?


The only times you'll catch me in casual wear are when I'm sledding and sleeping!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say my style is very similar! I like to be dressed up & feel better when I put some thought into my look. I love how accessories can pull a look together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad there's someone out there who has a similar taste in style! Accessories really are the best!

    ReplyDelete