Saturday, February 5, 2011

PIOTD: I "Heart" You

Can you believe Valentine's Day is only a little over a week away? January seemed to go by so fast for me, which I'm really happy about. I really want it to be spring already! I'm sick of the unusually-cold temps and grey skies--Colorado is usually better than this in February!
Even though I'm single, I still like the whole idea of Valentine's Day. In fact, I like it better as a single! There's no pressure to buy the perfect present, but it's a great day to think about the other people you love in your life--friends, siblings, parents, even pets.
So that brings me to my photo inspiration of the day! A couple of weekends ago, I was running some errands with a friend of mine, and we were at SuperTarget (one of my favorite places to get groceries, not to mention a great place to score deals on clothes!). I spotted this pink heart-shaped bowl with sparkles inside and I just had.to.have.it. I love anything pink, and it's the perfect piece to brighten up any bowl of cereal! It's great for Valentine's Day, of course, or any other time.




And...it's the perfect inspiration for all things Valentine-y...all wearable things, that is! Like the AEO Suede Ballet Flat ($34.50, in red). This flat comes in 5 other colors, and it's the perfect cute comfort shoe. Another great AE find is the White Corset Tube Dress ($39.50). Pair this with a crimson or rose cardigan for a pretty V-Day look.
For a more laid-back vibe, try A&F's Audrey cardi ($48, in pink stripe). The Elissa skirt ($58) has you covered in the 'flirty' department.
If you prefer hoodies, Hollister has plenty that are cute and comfy. Try the El Morro ($39.50, Epic Only, in pink) with a pair of dark-wash skinnies or white slouchy jeans. If you live somewhere warmer, shorts are a definite option--like the Avalon Place shorts ($34.50, in pink). These have a gorgeous floral print that dresses them up.
This V-Day, don't settle for anything less than the prettiest, floweriest...pinkest!
PIOTD: I

 

No comments:

Post a Comment