Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flattering Shorts For Petites: American Eagle Boy Fits

Do you have bazillions of pairs of short shorts in your closet? Or just feel very uncomfortable in them? Then check out American Eagle Outfitters' Boy Fit shorts!
They strike the perfect balance between shorties and bermudas, providing enough coverage to be modest, but not too long so you can keep cool on hot summer days. And for petites, they're great because they show off enough leg so you look taller.
AE's Boy Fit shorts currently are available in four styles: Rip & Repair in Authentic Medium Wash, Dark Destroy, White and Light Vintage Destroyed Wash. All feature a relaxed, slouchy fit and can be rolled up or down, depending on your mood. I personally own the Dark Destroyed and I love how the dark wash looks nice, but the rips make them a little casual. I would suggest going down a size, or buying the smaller size in your usual range of sizes, since these are definitely loose in the waist especially.
These can be worn with flowy tanks and tees (since they are longer than typical shorts), cute patterned camis, cropped cardigans or jackets. Anything goes, from a totally casual graphic tee to an elegant tank top, so try different pieces to see what works best for you.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree! recently, I went shopping at Amercian Eagle, and I tried on several pairs and feel in love with the fit. I'm so glad that other teen girls like me actually appreciate boy fits!

    ReplyDelete