If you've ever embarked on a shopping spree, only to find yourself overwhelmed with all the cuts, colors and patterns on the racks, you need this handy list of style tips to help you find the best clothes for your petite frame.
1. Dress head-to-toe in one color. While monochromatic may seem boring, mix it up with patterns and shades. If you're going for a slimming effect, try dark colors such as navy, plum, burgundy or emerald.
2. Wear fitted clothing. The tailor is your best friend. Also, look for garments that are semi-fitted rather than tight-fitting to achieve the best possible look!
3. Pick vertical stripes. No, they won't make you look like a referee, unless they are thick and black. You don't even need actual stripes to elongate you--seams will do the trick.
4. Choose V-neck tops over boatneck or crewneck. The latter make you look shorter.
5. Wear high heels. This is a no-brainer, obviously. Make sure to avoid strapped pairs, however.
6. Texture isn't your friend. Unless you want to appear wider, choose thinner knits.
7. Skip the huge bags. Bigger isn't always better, as gigantic handbags can overwhelm you visually.
8. Minis = no-no. If you have short legs, miniskirts don't do any favors for your figure.
9. Narrow belts are your best option to create a waist. If you already have a well-defined one, then avoid the belt completely. Otherwise, make sure they match your outfit.
10. Follow the straight and narrow...when it comes to pants. And bypass cuffs and pleats.