Friday, October 16, 2009

Shop 'Til You Drop...Part 2

School breaks are always long-awaited and well-needed. Today, I started my second of two three-day-weekends in one month. As promised, my mom chauffeured my sister and I to the Park Meadows mall for a day of shopping.
After a nice lunch, we hit the stores. We stopped first at Abercrombie, then perused Abercrombie & Fitch for about ten minutes, buying nothing. My mom, having driven us there, dragged us to Pottery Barn, Eddie Bauer, Williams Sonoma and Crate & Barrel (some of her favorite stores there).
Of course, no shopping trip would be complete without at least a browse through Hollister. I tried on a few things, finally settling on a dark brown zip-up hoodie (Harbor Beach, $24.90). I was glad for the price, too, because a similar hoodie at A&F was over $10 more!
On a whim, we decided to check out American Eagle. I haven't gotten anything from there in at least a year, and haven't been in there in almost as long, so I was hoping to find something that really caught my eye (and didn't cost over $25!). I found a cute pair of medium brown mocs that were, unfortunately, over my budget, but then, I spotted the cutest skirt. It was the AE Corduroy Mini (now $14.95) in khaki. The versatile color, and adorable details such as its slightly destructed design, made me decide to buy it.
And so, with my two purchases in hand (or should I say, in bag) I left the mall contentedly, knowing that even though I wouldn't be back for two months or so, I had had a successful shopping trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment