Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mission Impossible? (Ankle Booties)

Since earlier this fall, I have been lusting after ankle booties. Maybe it's because I hardly have any really cute shoes for fall and winter. Sure, I can wear my Bearpaw boots every once in awhile, but it would be nice to have a dressier option.

I had a lot of trouble deciding what exact pair I wanted to invest in. I didn't want it to break the bank, so I was steering towards a price range between $30-$60. I wanted it to have a low wedge heel, preferably around 2-3 inches, so I can (attempt) to wear it to my classes and on errands. And it must be in a neutral color, most likely brown, taupe or grey.

I also had problems figuring out which style would be most flattering. I am pretty petite, and I know that ankle booties can be hard to pull off for smaller women. Originally, I wanted a pair that I could wear bare-legged in early fall with dresses and miniskirts, but I'm thinking that I should stick with wearing them with skinny jeans and tights or leggings. I'm also considering wearing them with cuffed boyfriend jeans.

The one pair I found that I really loved were the ALDO Pirnie booties. They have a hidden wedge heel (wedge is always easier to walk in) and a chic corduroy construction with a leather wrap-around buckle in a contrasting shade. I fell in love with their quirky but cute look, but I wasn't quite willing to drop over $60 for them. I almost forgot about these booties. But then I was graciously gifted with an Amazon gift card...and the wheels started turning. I looked them up on Amazon's website and lo and behold, there they were, in grey (my preferred shade) and for only $27.99! What a steal, right? I wasted no time and snapped them right up. 


I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived just a few days later and I was eager to try them on. When I finally got home for Christmas break, I got the opportunity to test them out--and I gotta say I love them even more in person! I ordered a size up from my usual 6 and they fit perfectly, with just a little slippage that can be fixed with some socks. The instep is ruched, which adds a cute touch, and I love the flared top part. They look a little weird, because the opening is too wide for my ankles, but I still like them a lot. I can't wait to wear them with grey tights and even possibly jeggings/skinny jeans. Overall, I think the booties were a very smart buy!




Mission Impossible?: Ankle Booties

Do you like ankle booties?


No comments:

Post a Comment