Friday, August 14, 2009

My Cute Pick Of The Month: August

With fall just around the corner (yes, it's sad, I know), I decided to put together an outfit that is a preview of things to come, with a little blast of summer mixed in.On top is a burgundy sweater I bought last fall from Hollister. This is a great pick, because it is in an autumn-like color and style (3/4-length sleeves and not too heavy). Also, with the economy in the shape that it is, you may not be able to afford all the latest styles so "shopping" through your closet may be your best bet for some staple items.
Underneath that, I layered a dark grey lace-trimmed cami, which ties in the sweater with the skirt. It is cute, cheap (around $10 for 3--what a steal!) and another basic, which you can wear with almost anything.
I paired those with an adorable floral skirt from Hollister. Besides the shoes and necklace, this was the only piece I bought this year. Be smart and stock up on cheap essentials, and only splurge on a great statement piece. Don't be afraid to bargain-hunt either--I found this skirt in the clearance section for only $19.90!
Finally, the accessories. I decided to go with a cute pair of brown heels from Famous Footwear (that I can pair with nearly everything), a multi-chain necklace from American Eagle and my signature stack of bracelets from American Eagle and Aeropostale.
With all these money-and-style-saavy tips in mind, go out there and shop, shop, shop!

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! I love it! My new look is kind of a cali prep style, which makes sense considering my favorite store is Hollister.

    ReplyDelete